Sometimes many children face some issues related to breathing and lungs. They need to see visit Pediatric Pulmonologist who will assist them in getting overcome with many symptoms, such as breathing issues and stopping complications. A Pediatric Pulmonologist will treat your children's breathing problems and Lung Health.
What Does a Pediatric Pulmonologist Do?
Pediatric Pulmonologist will do the tests, including, Pulmonary function and Allergy testing, bloodwork, or a chest X-ray. In the Pulmonary function test, he will check the functioning of your child’s lungs. He checks how your child is walking or breathing out. He does Allergy testing, bloodwork, or a chest X-ray to get the reason for your child’s symptoms.
When To See a Pediatric Pulmonologist?
If your child has the following symptoms, you need to be severe and meet the Pediatric Pulmonologists first:
– Recurring pneumonia (infection of the lungs)
– Asthma (chronic inflammation of the airways)
– Cystic fibrosis (a genetic disease with pulmonary and nutritional symptoms)
– Chronic cough
– Difficulty breathing
– Chronic lung disease in premature infants
– Noisy breathing
– Apnea (when a child’s breathing prevents for a prolonged time)
– Issues that need special equipment to track and/or help with breathing at home
What Are The Conditions That Treats by Pediatric Pulmonologists?
A Pediatric Pulmonologists treats the following disorders include
– Apnea and sleep apnea
– Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
– Cystic fibrosis
– Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
What To Expect from Pediatric Pulmonologists?
At the first appointment with the Pediatric Pulmonologist, he asked some questions about your medical history and did the physical test. During this procedure, you can tell about all the symptoms you have experienced. After listening to all your health conditions, he will write some tests, i.e.
– Blood analysis.
– Imaging tests like chest X-rays or computed tomography (CT) scans.
– Pulmonary function tests.
– Sleep studies.
Make an Appointment
Our Doctors are available 24 x 7 at Cradle Children’s Hospital.
Our Doctors are available 24 x 7 at Cradle Children’s Hospital. Call us to book an appointment.